In this very tough funding climate, quite a few nonprofit professionals have found themselves looking for employment. It’s not the easiest time to find work in the nonprofit sector, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t job vacancies out there. Believe it or not, some nonprofits are hiring here in Arizona.
I attended a recent meeting of the budding Phoenix Nonprofit Professionals Network and met Karen Ramsey of Lead for Good. About half of the attendees were looking for jobs and Karen graciously shared a list of nonprofit job listings that she had collected. I passed it along to a friend, who in turn found it very useful.
So I thought it would be helpful to post an edited version of that list. If you have suggestions for additional links, please let me know in the comments and I’ll add it them to the post. This list is focused on nonprofit jobs in Arizona (mostly Phoenix), but that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t include sites like Monster, CareerBuilder, Craigslist, or even social media sites like LinkedIn and Twitter in your job search. Of course, reaching out to your own personal network is probably the first step.
Here’s the list:
- Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits’ Job Center
- ASU’s Lodestar Center Nonprofit News newsletter
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Greater Arizona Chapter job postings
- Association of Fundraising Professionals job center
- Chronicle of Philanthropy’s Philanthropy Careers
- Nonprofit Oyster
- Opportunity Knocks
- NonProfit Times’ NPT Jobs
- Nonprofitjobs.org’s Community Career Center
- CharityChannel’s Career Search
- Idealist.org’s Jobs
- Arizona Commission on the Arts Job Opportunities
- “By the Seat of Our Pants” Nonprofit Management Newsletter (includes job postings)
- International Association of Business Professionals IABC/Phoenix Job Bank
Please comment with any feedback on these sites, suggestions for sites to add, or if you found a job through any of the listings. Good luck!