Following the life of Abraham Lincoln
In August 2013, I made it to the last two major national park sites dedicated to President Abraham Lincoln. After watching the movie Lincoln in 2013, I thought back on all of the Lincoln-related historical sites I’ve visited. I think it’s a rather comprehensive list, especially as he’s been enshrined in the National Parks.
- Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historical Park
- Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial
- Lincoln Home National Historic Site
- Lincoln-Herndon Law Office (Springfield, IL)
- The White House
- Ford’s Theater National Historic Site
- The Petersen House (where Lincoln died)
- Lincoln Tomb (Oak Ridge Cemetery, Springfield, IL)
- Lincoln Memorial
- Mt Rushmore National Memorial
I’m not certain if it’s a complete list, but it’s not far from one either. Please feel free to use it to complete your own mini-quest of visiting all of the Abraham Lincoln historical sites.
I’ve also been to a few of the seven locations where the famous Lincoln-Douglas debates took place, mostly recently the Jonesboro site, which is memorialized with statues in a lovely city park.